Carpi among fashion, art and history
Do you want to discover Carpi, its history, art, and culture?
Book your stay at Hotel Touring 4-star in the center of Carpi, the perfect starting point for your visit to Carpi! Keep reading to discover more about this levely city!
Carpi is fashion
For sixty years, Carpi has been known throughout Europe for its clothing and textiles manufacturing industry. The Carpi district, in fact, plays a key role on the Italian fashion scene, with more than fifty factory outlets and outlet stores with top designer labels to be found in the area.
Shopping “in factory”: www.spaccicarpi.it
Carpi is art, history and culture
Visit Carpiand discover the artistic beauties and breathe its history:
- Martiri Square (ancient village Joyous) the third largest in Italy, the centre and soul of the city with its Palazzo dei Pio (called the Castle), its Cathedral, its Theatre and its arcades, the Portico Lungo, the Teatro and the Portico del Mercato del Grano.
- Piazzale Re Astolfo represents the late Medieval part of the city with the church of Santa Maria in Castello, known as La Sagra.
- The Renaissance Palazzo dei Pio
- Inside the Castle (Palazzo dei Pio), an area for kids
- The Theatre
- The Art Gallery in Palazzo Foresti
- The Romanesque Art in Carpi and surroundings
Carpi is good food and wine
Many of the most renowned Italian gastronomic products in the world belong to our gastronomic tradition: the Balsamic vinegar, the Lambrusco wine, the Parmesan Cheese, the Lasagna, Tortellini, Gnocchi and Tigelle.
- 'The Traditional Balsamic Vinegar of Modena
- Il Parmesan Cheese
- “Carpi Balsamica” is one of the most outstanding gastronomic events in town, as well as the “ Sagra della Lasagna e del Lambrusco” in September, “Carpi a tavola” at the end of October – beginning of November and many others: discover them all!
Carpi is “The Memory Route”
The Museum of the Political and Racial Deportee is a monument, the only one of its kind in Italy, in memory of all those Italian Jews who were sent to concentration camps during the II World War. Over 14,000 names appear in the Hall of Names, in remembrance of those deported.
Visit the ex- Concentration camp in Fossoli and the Museum of the Political and Racial Deportee.
Photo by Sailko [CC BY 3.0], via Wikimedia Commons