A soul of music and colors
Modena, city full of charm, history and culture, is waiting for you to show you its wonders!
Hotel Touring near Modena offers many services and comforts to make your visit to Modena and your stay perfect: book Hotel Touring in Carpi and set off to discover Modena!
Duchy of Estensi’s capital
The Cathedral, with its tower "La Ghirlandina", and Piazza Grande have been acknowledged World Heritage of Humanity by Unesco and the Ducal Palace is now the seat of the Military Academy, the only institute in basic training for Military Officers of Army and Carabinieri in Italy .
Every year, in July, the International Festival of Military Bands takes place in Modena.
City of music, opera and theatre
The passion for music and the opera is part of the genetic Modenese DNA since the time of the Duchy of Estensi. The concerts programming of sacred music and Organo, chamber music , classical and contemporary music is rich and large all over the year.
The Municipal Theatre, inaugurated in 1841 under the name of Theatre of the Illustrious Community , was named in 2007 "Municipal Theatre Luciano Pavarotti," in memory of the great tenor who debuted here in 1961 with Puccini's Opera "La Bohéme"
Land of cars
Modena is considered to be the iconic location of Italian motor racing. Here the passion for mechanics has a long tradition and is an integral part of the Modenese culture.
Within a few kilometres there are several museums and private collections dedicated to car motors:
- Museo Casa Enzo Ferrari (official website dedicated to the history of Enzo Ferrari)
- Pit Lane Red Passion (Test Drive on the road with a Ferrari car or a Maserati car)
- Stanguellini (Museum of historic car Stanguellini, the first racing car Modenese)
- Autodromo di Modena (the new Autodromo in Modena)
- Museo dell'auto (40 vintage cars to retrace the history of Italy)
- Panini Motor Museum (private collection of cars , mostly are Maserati , and motorbikes)
Photo by Davidtsousa [CC BY-SA 3.0], via Wikimedia Commons